For years I had been admiring Perry's War of the Triple Alliance range. I new very little about the period, but the figures looked great and the thought of building some South American armies was very intriguing to me. On more than one occasion I went to their website and loaded up the online shopping cart only to chicken out at the last minute. However, this last spring (2026) I finally ran out of excuses and I said "what the hell lets do it".
In April the figures arrived.
I ordered an assortment of infantry and a few other odds and ends. Here is the run down:
1. Three 24 man units of Paraguayan marching infantry (I bought some packs wearing the chiripa)
2. One 24 man unit of Paraguayan advancing infantry
3. Two 24 man units of Brazilian advancing infantry in kepi
4. One 24 man unit of Brazilian Volunteers of Patria
5. One 24 man unit of Uruguayan Libertad Battalion
6. One 12 man unit of Paraguayan Cavalry
7. One pack of Paraguayan artillery
Infantry figures come 6 to a pack.
Infantry command figures for the Paraguayan infantry and Brazilian infantry come with two officers, two standard bearers, and two musicians, so depending on how many command figures you want, one pack of command could be enough for 1-2 units. The command packs for the Libertad battalion and the Volunteers of Patria come with one officer, one standard bearer, one musician, and three infantry figures.
Cavalry come three figures and horses to a pack.
Artillery packs contain 6 figures and depending on the artillery packs you purchase they may or may not come with guns. It does state it on the website but you have to look closely.
The figures were well packed. One pack of figures (6 infantry or 3 cavalry) come in individual boxes with packing material. Not one figure had a single broken musket, bayonet, or sword.
I will have follow up posts showing the figures (unpainted and painted) along with my thoughts on the details, proportions, and how they paint up.


Comments
Post a Comment