Seven Years War Russian Observation Corps

 

 I have been building armies for the Seven Years War for a few decades now and most recently I have been working on the Russians (recent is a relative term).  I have 10 battalions of Russian infantry and a couple battalions of grenadiers painted already, along with some cavalry regiments.  My Russians are a mix of Crusader figures and Wargames Foundry.  However, one day I came to the shocking realization that I did not have any Observation Corp units yet, so I determined that this was something I needed to address immediately.  I chose Wargames Foundry's figures and ordered a couple of units worth.  

Here is a picture of one of the units (both are painted).  

I enjoy painting Foundry figures.  I find that they have great detail overall, especially animation in the faces which really gives them some nice character.  My Russian army is a mix of Crusader figures and Foundry for the infantry.  I don't mix these two together in units but I think a unit of Crusader figures and a unit of Foundry figures look great next to each other on the table.

As I am sure many of you have noticed, I don't yet have a flag for this unit.  Its a bad habit of mine, for some reason I am slow to get those finished and added to a unit.  I have the flag and will get that added soon.

Comments

Post a Comment