I have been wargaming for 30+ years. I started gaming when I was young with my dad and brother. My dad had a 12'x6' table and a variety of historical miniature collections including Ancients, Dark Ages (I'm with the Yarkshire Gamer on this one), American Revolution, American Civil War, and Napoleonics.
As I grew older I started collecting and painting figures. I have always had a fascination with the horse and musket era and over time that has become my main focus, hence the title of my blog.
I currently have collections of 28mm French and Indian War, 28mm Seven Years War (Prussians, Austrians, and Russians), 20mm (yes 20mm) Napoleoncis, and 20mm American Civil War, 28mm 19th Century European Wars (Franco Prussian War, Austro-Prussian War, and the 2nd Schleswig Holstein War), Zulu War, and most recently the War of the Triple Alliance.
I am a bit of a completist so, if I start a new period/project then I usually feel obligated to build armies for both sides. That is not a huge issue (aside from the cost), as I love painting.
As I am just getting this blog started, I plan on sharing pictures of units that I am painting, projects I am working on, and other thoughts that cross my mind that hopefully someone will find interesting or useful.
Comments
Post a Comment